What’s the Deal with the “Flu Season”?
Come fall time, we start to hear a lot about the “Flu Season”. Should we get the flu shot? Should we not? Do the Benefits outweigh the negative aspects and risks, and vice-versa? With the vast amount information out there, many find it hard to choose which route to take. That’s why we’re here to help! So to start, first, let’s take a look at some of the facts surrounding the Flu Shot.
A review of 51 studies involving more than 260,000 children ages 6-23 months old found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo.
One study found that those who receive the flu vaccine each year for 3 to 5 years have a 10 times higher chance of developing Alzheimer’s Disease than people who choose not to receive the flu shot.
Many medical experts now agree that it is more important to protect yourself from the flu shot than it is to protect yourself from the flu virus itself.
There are many different types of flu virus. This makes choosing which version of the flu virus to utilize for the flu shot extremely difficult. Attempting to predict which strain of the flu virus is going to hit during a year’s “flu season” is much like attempting to predict the winning Powerball numbers.
Ingredients present in the flu vaccinations may cause serious neurological disorders along with permanent nerve damage.
Speaking of some scary ingredients in the flu vaccination, check out this list of potential threatening ingredients you’re subjecting your body to when you choose to receive the flu shot:
- Mercury is a heavy metal known to be hazardous to human health
- An injection of the flu vaccine guarantees that 100% of the mercury in it is absorbed because it passes through the gastrointestinal tract.
- Formaldehyde is the substance used to preserve dead bodies.
- Gentamicin Sulfate is a medication that has serious side effects associated with it such as nerve damage, permanent hearing loss, kidney problems, and the inability to balance when standing or sitting upright.
- Latex, although it is used in a lot of common products, is a substance that many people are allergic to. For those who have the allergy but have not been specifically diagnosed with a Latex allergy, choosing to receive the Flu Shot could be very costly to them, depending upon their level of reaction to the vaccination.
Bovine Cow Serum
- Bovine Cow Serum has the potential to cause connective tissue disorders, arthritis, and Lupus.
- Glycol is a component used in the antifreeze you put into your vehicles.
So now knowing a bit of the breakdown of what the Flu Shot truly entails, most people tend to turn away from the vaccination. This raises the next question: How do I combat “Flu Season” if I’m no longer going to be receiving the Flu Shot? There are 5 main things we recommend:
- Chlorella is a whole food supplement that helps to support the immune system.
- Spirulina is full of essential fatty acids, chlorophyll, vitamins, and minerals to help support the immune system.
- Vitamin D3 is another great supplement that is great at supporting a healthy immune system, which is necessary for fighting off various forms of the flu virus.
- Probiotics contain the healthy bacteria necessary to fight off the flu virus.
Use Your Common Sense
Drink plenty of water
- You should be drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces per day
Wear the right clothing for the weather conditions
- Sometimes you just have to say no to those cute little heels and skirt when it’s 30 degrees outside, even if you do look absolutely fab.
No junk food
- It’s no mystery that what your fuel your body with directly affects the way you feel, so put good in to get good out!
- Especially stay away from refined sugar as it compromises the immune system.
Hopefully this information will be a good start to helping you figure out a few of the ins and outs of the fall time flu issues. For further questions, ask us! Give us a call! Shoot us an email! Stop into our office! We’re here to help, so always feel free to use us as a helpful resources for all your health-related needs!